Thursday, May 11, 2006

May 11th Update

Hi Folks,

This past weekend was Green Up Day, as I'm sure you all knew. It was great to see a few of our GRT and Adopt-a-Block volunteers out for the big day, as well as out for the Friday Downtown Green Up Day. Thank you all so much for what you did. The two days went over with great sucesses.

Here are a few stats from the days:
  • 500+ Volunteers
  • 168 graffiti tags removed
  • 107 greenbelst groomed
  • over 6 TONS of garbage collected. Whoa.
    • Including 2 dumptrucks of Tires
Another BIG thank you to our own Jean Forden, Adopt-a-Blocker. She was willing to speak at our May 2nd press conference as a voice for all Burlington GRT and Adopt-a-Block volunteers. She came with her green bag, trash gloves on and newly made volunteer sign:

***If any of you are interested in having a sign made for when you go out to clean, let me know. I worked with Jean on getting this made exactly the way she wanted. ***



But the cleaning doesn't have to end here, as many of you already know. The Graffiti Removal Team is still in motion.

  • I'll be out cleaning with 8th graders from Edmunds Middle School on Monday, May 22nd.
  • I have been doing one-on-one work with a few people for community service hours, cleaning up tags here and there.
----->If any one is interested in volunteering to clean with me at anytime, let me know. There are plenty of projects. Or, if you know a student or youth in need of community service hours, I'm your gal. <----------

_________________________

No comments: